1.5
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

I hope someone can help us. We arrived at the Omni New Hampshire mount Washington hotel on the 22nd of December. We had booked the room at $500+ per night so we could spend the holidays there with our 2 children. We were expecting a higher end hotel with premium services because of the Omni name and at that cost. We arrived to the hotel around 4pm on the 22nd. The hotel was run down and in need of updating and repair (we had chipped paint, stained walls and broken screens in our room), every single thing we did in the hotel had (substantial) fees attached. $65 per person to paint 2 wine glasses, $35 to have an elf read (rather poorly) a 6 minute bedtime story, and more. Considering the $ we were paying and how it was written on our statement as a package these things should have been inclusive. Our room (however shabby) was in a nice location (off the elevator) on the second floor, take a right and it was four doors down on the right. We had pretty views of the mountains and our room was spacious. We spent our first night exploring and we grabbed a quick (decent) dinner at the steak house. We woke early and skied the following day (our second day) at Bretton Woods (which we love), we returned back to the hotel around 5:15, we left when the mountain closed at 4pm. We changed quickly for our sleigh ride (scheduled for 6pm) , we took our sleigh ride and got back to the hotel at 7:30pm starving and looking forward to dinner in the main dining room. Our waiter was rude and uninterested in providing service. He spent several minutes chatting with other staff behind the bar while kitchen staff brought out our appetizers on trays and placed them for the waiter to serve, after about 20minutes I waved him over, he served us our very cold apps without so much as an I’m sorry, after we finished and were awaiting our main course, we had to ask the waiter to clear the empty dishes, and when 45 minutes later our food was still not out, a female manager came over and apologized profusely, we told her our children were very tired (it was after 9pm and our children had skied all day), we agreed to wait five more minutes. After 10 minutes we told her we were leaving, she offered to send the food to our room when it was ready, 20 minutes later it arrived cold and mediocre. The following morning (Christmas Eve day) my wife and daughter had 9am spa appts. The price difference between any other day and the Christmas season I expected but the cost for again mediocre service was outrageous. When my wife walked in, she was handed a paper to sign saying it was $540 for a manicure/pedicure for my daughter and pedicure/50 minute massage for her (too late to back out now). My son and I awoke to a broken toilet (severe overflow/back wash and wouldn’t flush), disgusting, I called the front desk and they said they would send maintenance, after 4 hours I had to call and insist someone come up, the staff was incredibly rude and took their time responding . After the problem was “resolved” a manager called and apologized, he insisted on sending cookies up for our children (2.5 hours later we received 5 very hard, stale cookies).

We never filed a complaint about anything, we just noted the situation and vowed to not recommend the hotel to anyone. We were pleased when we were told the issue was “resolved” and we left to enjoy some time in the lobby on Christmas Eve, before our dinner reservations at the steak house.

We returned to our room in time for a 9pm, ($35) bedtime story from the elf, she arrived spent literally 6 minutes with our kids and left, my 10 year old noted that her reading was poor and he was very disappointed.

We all went to bed excited to wake on Christmas morning and open our presents. We were in for a surprise! The toilet had overflown and the mess was all over the floor. I proceeded to clean up what I could with towels and called down to the front desk, insisting someone was sent up immediately. Merry Christmas! My kids were upset, my wife was upset, so I was getting upset.

Maintenance came tried to fix the problem to no avail. They informed me the problem was in the pipes and that the toilet would need to be replaced and left. My family needed to travel downstairs to use the bathroom. About 1/2hr later while we were enjoying our room service breakfast and opening presents, there was a knock at the door. Adam from guest services came to inform us we would need to change rooms. A major inconvenience anytime but especially on Christmas morning.

He offered a very stale apology, assured me the room was the same size/quality and told us to call down for assistance when we were all packed up and ready to go. He offered a $100 creditor our room charges(considering our room was $585.21 a night $503.10 room, $29 resort service, $45.38 NH tax, $7.83 resort tax) this hardly balances out.

Upon checking into second room, it was much smaller, the screens were broken in this room, the light was broken and it overlooked a dirty service entrance. By this point I was beyond irritated because moving rooms with two kids on Christmas morning is disappointing, frustrating and time consuming. Needless to say we wasted several hours (out of our Christmas morning between cleaning up the mess, the constant interruptions and moving rooms). This is completely unacceptable (we are downgraded because of their mistakes)? At this point my wife is in tears, so I asked for a refund to go home. You know it’s bad when driving 3 hours home on a major holiday is more appealing than staying. The girl downstairs told me because we booked thru Expedia that I needed to contact Expedia for permission. She stated I could call them from home but I know better and make the call from the hotel (on Christmas morning, taking even more time away from my family). Expedia agreed and the girl offered us another $200 credit ($300 total). Our Christmas memories are marred and they have ruined this holiday (this year)for my family.

I have been coming to New Hampshire since I was a small child and I was excited to stay here with my wife and kids but after this whole disappointing and disgusting experience I will not recommend this hotel.

I expected much higher standards from the Omni.

Comments